“The way we lead is not separate from who we are and how we live. Narrative leadership suggests that we are our most effective when we believe we are being true to our values and purpose.”
Author, Storyteller, Leadership and Narrative Consultant – Opening Keynote
We believe that now, perhaps more than ever, school leaders need to be supported to find ways to remain true to their values and purpose.
We believe the profession is in need of new stories to embolden and inspire school leaders and to keep them connected to what matters most. The current stories of lack, competitiveness and isolation have done little too bolster our nation’s school leaders. Yet they need to be strengthened and it is our belief that they have to be supported to find the strength to do so from within: from within their own schools: from within their own communities: from within themselves.
When stories (our own and others) are used to help explore the leader’s journey and what it means to be a school leader today, individuals can be supported to:
1. Deepen their sense of professional identity: Shaping new personal leadership narratives can enable individuals to let go of limiting scripts and create new more empowering ones
2. Create new stories for themselves and the communities they serve: Each and every school will have its own unique story. Every school leader plays a pivotal role in shaping this story and how it is received by members of the school community. A greater awareness of the role the leader’s own narrative plays in shaping this story, can help them develop the tools necessary for ensuring everyone understands the role they play in shaping their school’s narrative
3. Develop personal frameworks for thriving in the school leadership role: Exploration of story and narrative can help leaders collectively and individually move away from stereotyped notions of school leadership towards models that are more holistic and authentic.
Early Bird Tickets – £299.99 (+VAT)
Standard Tickets – £349.99 (+VAT)
Group Bookings (4+ Tickets) – 25% Discount
Our Aims for You
Through the exploration of leadership narrative we aim to provide the space and opportunity for…
Where leaders can be themselves and probe for meaning and purpose amidst the daily challenges of school leadership
Where leaders can deepen their knowledge and get a better understanding of how to harness the power of their own stories to create compelling visions of success for themselves and others
Where leaders can find solutions, practical ideas and suggestions for taking care of the person in the role as they seek to create schools that are aligned to their vision, passion and purpose
Where leaders can share, laugh and have time to talk with others about how to achieve the very best for themselves and those they lead and manage
About “Education for the Soul”
Why is this Conference Different?
We are deliberate in our attempts to create environments in which school leaders feel safe to be themselves. As a result, we are known for creating spaces where school leaders can:
– Talk truthfully and honestly about the challenges of school leadership
– Feel Encouraged and supported to discover ‘the best in themselves’
– Let go of their ‘leadership mask’ and experience what it’s truly like for the ‘person in the role’ to be listened to and taken care of
– Experience the companionship of fellow school leaders in ways which are collegiate and supportive
– Explore how to make lighter the weight of school leadership
Who is it for?
This conference is for those in education who are committed to creating the best possible futures for our young people. It is for anyone who wants to know how to raise and maintain high standards of education in ways which:
– Sustain and support the well-being of themselves and all members of their school community
– Align with their sense of vocation, purpose, passion and core reasons for being a school leader
– Are generative and enable all members of the school community to flourish
– Support the human spirit and enable all to grow in relationship with others and the communities of which they are a part
This includes, but is not limited to…
• Executive Head teachers • Academy CEOs • Head teachers & Principals
• Deputies & Vice Principals • Assistant Head Teachers • Chair of Governors
It is our promise to you, that you will leave with…
A renewed sense of hope, direction, purpose and clarity about your vision and how to bring these to life
Immediately applicable solutions and practical tools for improving your school and your experience of school leadership
A greater understanding of how to lead authentically, stay connected to your values and remain true to yourself
A better understanding of how to take care of yourself and develop a good relationship with yourself and those you lead and manage
What were the 3 Key Lessons of “Education for the Soul” 2017?
The day was a very special one indeed, and it was deeply humbling to see so many school leaders drop their leadership masks and come together, in service of one another and in service of shared hopes, dreams and ambitions for our children and our schools.
The conference created a space where discussions about the relationship between well-being and leadership could be held openly and candidly, and real solutions could be found. Above all, the day confirmed three vital lessons that every School Leader should know…
What did those who attended last year’s Conference say?
It was a sincere and honest conference, delivered by real and caring people. It was a real delight and I would say, life-changing.
After today, I feel invigorated, encouraged and fired up to keep going and giving my best.
The space allowed me to reflect, think and make connections, leading to a truly refreshing time.
It was an excellent day. Totally achieved what I feel Viv speaks and leads by – energy, truth and sincerity.
Interested in Exhibiting or Becoming a Partner at “Education for the Soul” 2018?
If you’d like to learn more about sponsoring or exhibiting at “Education for the Soul” 2018, please follow the link below to download our Conference Partnership Pack and to book a call to explore what a great partnership would look like for you and your organisation.