Coaching for Growing Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs)
We provide coaching and leadership development services to support CEOs, Head teachers, Deputies and Assistant Heads, so that together as senior leaders, they can create environments in which all adults and young people can thrive.
Are you the CEO or Head of a growing MAT, seeking to support the development and well-being of the leaders within your trust?
Do you want to…
– Nurture the sense of vocation and purpose of your senior leaders?
– Revitalise the motivation and passion they have for their roles?
– Help your leaders to successfully navigate the impact of change and uncertainty?
– Ensure you and your fellow leaders feel valued, supported and empowered?
– Support leaders within your MAT to identify their own solutions to challenges?
– Grow and retain your leaders?
– Improve the capacity of your leaders to secure good outcomes for all?
Small and growing MATS that engage our services benefit from leaders who…
Maintain a deeper connection with their core values, their passion and purpose.
Demonstrate greater levels of self-awareness and emotional resilience.
Feel empowered and supported to achieve outstanding results for their schools.
Understand how to support their own wellbeing and that of members of their school community.
The Challenges of Growing a Successful MAT
MATs face a number of issues as they seek to raise and maintain standards across their family of schools. Many challenges centre around relationships, people management and harnessing qualities and skills within their team for the collective good.
New structures, systems, roles, policies and practices can lead to intense periods of transition and uncertainty. These periods evoke feelings of anxiety, doubt and worry. If not managed well, these feelings can quickly spread from one school to another. Once spread, a unified approach to school improvement across the MAT can be undermined.
Unaddressed, these feelings can inhibit the performance of adults and subsequently outcomes for our children. As the CEO or a senior leader in a MAT, you will know how fear-based, psychological responses to change can impact on the improvement process and wellbeing.
Typically, you may have experienced:
1. Low levels of Trust: Individuals/teams unwilling to open up and share ideas or resources with one another
2. Poor levels of communication: Strained communication, that has inhibited the sharing and development of good practice across the MAT
3. Conflict in leadership styles: Senior leaders with leadership styles that are out of alignment with others within the MAT
4. Decreased levels of emotional resilience: Individuals who have experienced difficulty developing their emotional resources and working through the inevitable challenges of daily school life
5. Role adjustment fatigue: Individuals who have struggled to cope with the emotional and psychological changes required to cope with their new and developing roles within a MAT structure.
6. High attrition rates: Problems recruiting and retaining staff, particularly if schools in the MAT have been rated as ‘inadequate’ by OFSTED.
If these common challenges resonate then please do get in touch today…
What do MAT Headteachers and CEOs say about us?
“As an experienced Head teacher, I was used to the busy school day, evenings and occasional weekends, but coaching enabled me to develop a greater self awareness and work life balance. The thought process and skills around addressing issues that I learnt through coaching also remains with me and means that I can fulfil my vision as a Head teacher. I am energised, confident and committed to using and promoting coaching with my staff team. It was a great privilege to work with Integrity Coaching- an experience I will always be grateful for and will never forget.”Ann Dwulit
“My time with Integrity Coaching gave me the environment and space to examine my motivations and my thoughts. They helped me reflect on why I do the things that I do, in the way that I do them. In doing so, they were able to bring me back to what motivated me to do this job in the first place.They showed me how to get back in control, renew my purpose and zeal for my job. I quickly developed more confidence and self-belief and I have since seen the impact it has had on the rest of my school, from my SLT, the children to the governors.”Sue Manzi
“I cannot stress too much the difference that a professional coach can make. There is a difference between a listening ear and someone who is a trained professional able to help you process what is going on in your professional life. That ability to facilitate self-reflection and analysis is powerful in supporting more effective leadership. Finding a coach who resonates with your values and sense of moral purpose is the key to getting this relationship right. That coaching relationship can be truly transformative and in my opinion is money well spent.”Sian Hampton
Book a Free Call with Viv Grant
If your vision for school improvement and well-being is similar to our own, then please follow the link below to arrange a call with Viv Grant to find how we can support your MAT…