The Aspiring Heads Telos Programme
Helping aspiring School Leaders build their skills, strengthen their purpose and prepare for their Headship journey.
Now accepting applications for 2018/2019.
“Like a tree, our leadership practice grows organically. As we come to know ourselves better, our roots deepen and we tap the source of our sense of purpose and vocation; as we reach out and connect with other people, we better understand what the world is calling for; nourished by a sure sense of who we are and what is needed … we understand our life’s telos (purpose) and the direction of our lives”
The Aspiring Heads Telos Programme is a new leadership development programme led by Viv Grant, designed to support aspiring Headteachers build their skills, strengthen their purpose and prepare for their Headship journey. It has specifically been designed as a cost-effective solution for individuals who wish to invest personally in their own professional development.
The purpose of this programme is to provide a cost-effective, personalised leadership development support programme for Assistant Heads and Deputies who are considering moving into Headship and want to:
– Develop a deep understanding of their ‘life’s telos’ and what it means to live in alignment with one’s sense of vocation
– Better understand how to prepare themselves on a personal level for the role
– Find ways to deepen their personal knowledge and self-awareness
– Understand more of their personality strengths and areas for development and how they can be honed for the Headship role
– Know how to do the ‘inner work’ that will lead to greater levels of courage, authenticity and integrity when in the Headship role
– Connect in meaningful ways with others who are on a similar leadership journey and build networks of support
Individuals who take part in this programme will develop an increased sense of confidence about stepping into the Headship role because they will have…
– Increased their self-awareness and understanding of their own strengths and personal areas for development
– Explored their own relationship with “Power and Authority” and links to their own personal values and measures of integrity
– Become familiar with personal development tools that can support wellness and an increased sense of feeling grounded when under pressure
– Developed supportive relationships, both online and offline with like-minded peers
– Discovered for themselves the type of Head teacher they want to be and the relationships that they will need to have with themselves and others in order to achieve success
If you’d like to secure a place, or simply find out more – please follow the link above and schedule a call with the programme facilitator, Viv Grant.
The Aspiring Headship Telos Programme consists of two elements:
1. Twilight “Connect and Grow” Meals
2. “Securing Your Purpose” Learning Course
Twilight “Connect and Grow” Meals
These termly meals are designed to give you a chance to connect with like-minded aspiring Head teachers, share experience, expertise and create a safe haven where you can explore on all levels what it means to be an aspiring Head teacher.
“Securing Your Purpose” Learning Course
This online learning programme is designed to support you with the deep inner work that will enable you to better cope with the outer work of leadership & subsequently, Headship. There are five learning modules, which can be accessed at any time.
Viv has been in the education profession for over twenty five years. She is a former primary head teacher and seventeen years ago was one of the youngest heads in the country to turn around a failing primary school.
She has been a lead trainer and consultant for a number of educational training bodies, including the Department for Education, the National College,The London Centre for Leadership in Learning at the Institute of Education and the NUT.
She was a contributing author to the 2011 publication Mentoring and Coaching in schools and in 2014 published her first book, “Staying A Head: The Stress Management Secrets of Successful School Leaders.”
She has written for the Guardian and appeared on TV, BBC Radio London and BBC Radio 4 Woman’s hour, talking about her work and the role coaching plays in helping school leaders to excel.
If you’d like to discuss what’s involved and how the meals work– please book a call with the meal facilitator, Viv Grant now!